After my last journaling post - I have received a few emails asking how I made the frame in one of my spreads (the photo below), so I thought I would show you what I did...
It was really easy actually - I used one of those frames from a tin type. The small face only tin types are in them. The one on the right below is the size I used for the spread, but wanted to show you one with a tintype still in it.
Then I go through my old paper to find a little image or head that fits in the hole - the one in the spread was from a vintage flash card, but below are some examples from an antique magazine ad and one from a very old lexicon.
I then cut the image out and glue it to the frame. The last steps I will not show (so I can use this frame when I am ready, I actually have only a handful of these frames so I like to use them sparingly), but I cut the frame down to size - if you look at my spread closely you can see just how poorly I cut a straight line. Then I use my crop-a-dile corner chomper on the smallest setting to round the corners.
That is basically it - pretty easy... but let me know if you have any other questions. Oh, and if you found this helpful let me know, maybe I could do a mini how-to like this every month if you are interested!